Did you know you can do a comparison of electricity prices in Melbourne online from the comfort of home? With GoSwitch, you get energy price comparison results for your postcode. The entire search process takes only five minutes, and our service to you is 100% free. GoSwitch teams up with Australia’s leading energy retailers, making the cheapest electricity prices in Melbourne a reality.
How to Compare Electricity Prices in Melbourne
A Goswitch energy price comparison is the accurate way to compare electricity prices in Melbourne. Electricity prices and energy plans are competitive, and GoSwitch will locate the cheapest electricity in Melbourne for your home or small business.
Find and compare the cheapest electricity prices in Melbourne
Which provider has the cheapest electricity prices in Melbourne?
There are lots of electricity retailer options in the deregulated Melbourne energy market. Whether you live close to the Melbourne CBD or in the outlying suburbs, there are retailers providing money saver contracts to suit your household or small business. Save money by striking a better deal with your chosen Melbourne energy supplier. Keeping up with the latest deals is easy.
- • Regularly review and compare your electricity rates with those of competing retailers.
- • If you find a better deal, make the switch with GoSwitch and start saving on energy bills.
Popular energy providers in Melbourne
GoSwitch energy partners include recognisable and trusted energy providers. We receive a commission from retailers for establishing new contracts, and the savings are all yours to keep. Our partners include:
- • Energy Australia: A major South-East Australian energy provider.
- • AGL: A company with a proud history of delivering gas, electricity, and telecommunications.
- • Dodo: A major retailer fully integrated with electricity, gas, and internet services.
- • 1st Energy: Offering great power deals in Victoria and other Australian states since 2014.
- • Powerdirect: Flexible plans for Customers in Vic, NSW, Qld, and South Australia.
- • Blue NRG: Tailored energy services for small and medium-sized businesses.
- • OVO: 100% renewable energy as standard for a healthier planet.
- • Sumo: Uncovering savings opportunities without lock-in contracts.
Other well-known Melbourne and Victorian providers and retailers include CitiPower and Powercor. A GoSwitch price comparison will locate the right retailer for your home.
Compare your current rates and prices with other plans and save!
The cost of living in Melbourne can quickly add up, so it’s worth taking advantage of savings opportunities. Every energy provider delivers a range of plans with features and incentives that can be tailored to suit your specific energy needs. GoSwitch compares the rates of major retailers and finds cheaper prices. We can locate better deals and help you make the switch with confidence.
How GoSwitch can help you find some of the cheapest electricity rates available in Melbourne.
There are lots of energy-efficiency tips for saving money around the home. In addition, the energy-star ratings on modern appliances help you compare product efficiency. Better still, use the GoSwitch price comparison search to tailor a better deal in a few simple steps.
- Enter your postcode
- Enter if you use solar panels for feed-in tariffs
- State your preference for electricity, gas, or a bundle electricity/gas deal
- Select your home or property type
- Make an energy usage profile for your household
GoSwitch works in real-time to find the best available electricity prices in your area. If you’re not satisfied with your current energy provider or deal, we can help you locate lots of savings incentives. Finding the top energy deals available in Melbourne is easy with GoSwitch, Australia’s favourite energy price comparison service.
Tips when switching electricity service providers
Electricity retailers in Melbourne offer financial incentives to secure new deals. With GoSwitch, you get to speak with a call centre energy expert. Take the opportunity to ask questions about Victorian energy and the different plans on offer, such as:
- • Does my current electricity supplier offer incentives?
- • Do other electricity suppliers offer incentives?
- • What conditions are attached?
- • Are the incentives for the lifetime of the contract?
- • What happens to the contract when incentives expire?
- • Can I combine electricity and gas?
- • Which plans offer greater flexibility?
- • Am I eligible for energy rebates?
- • Are there solar feed-in tariffs and greenpower plans available?
Fixed and variable rates explained
The electricity rates (tariffs) you pay are a combination of daily supply charges from regional distribution networks and usage charges from companies such as Energy Australia, Dodo, and AGL. Tariffs can be adjusted to save on monthly power bills. Tariffs include:
- • Single rate tariffs where the kW/h rate remains the same 24/7
- • Time-of-use tariffs (peak, shoulder, off-peak)
- • Controlled load tariffs for stand-alone appliances such as a hot water cylinder
GoSwitch will find competitive Melbourne electricity usage rates well below the reference price.
How to read your energy bill
The energy market in Melbourne is a competitive marketplace for electricity retailers. In addition, there is the Victorian Government default offer (VDO) overseen by the Australian Energy Regulator (AER). GoSwitch can compare all offers against the Victorian default offer, allowing you to establish tariffs well below energy retailer market offers. Prior to making the switch to a better deal, it’s worth understanding a little more about energy contracts. Here are a few things to look for.
Contract term: Lock-in or no lock-in contracts
Cooling off period: A 10-day window for a full refund if you change your mind
Eligibility: We can inform you if the gas supply is available in your area
Terms and conditions: The fine print for individual plans and bundle deals
Contract expiry: Exit fees or no exit fees
Incentives: Lots to explore, including pay-on-time incentives using direct debit
Updates: Keep in touch with regular communication and updates
How is electricity charged in Melbourne?
Terms and conditions of energy contracts can be confusing, and most people don’t have days to dedicate to the search. Electricity is charged by the kW/h (kilowatt-hour), and contracts include features and incentives that affect the total bill. GoSwitch will put you in the picture. Here are some specific contract areas we can help improve to lower electricity and gas bills.
- • Supply charges (time of use)
- • Usage charges (peak, shoulder, off-peak)
- • Cost per kWh (kilowatt hour)
- • Standing offers
- • Contract length
- • Payment schedule
- • Rebates for pensioners and low-income earners
- • Exit fees
There are lots of ways to tailor energy plans for homes and small businesses with GoSwitch, and our comparison tool is totally free for you to use.
Moving house – what you need to know
You will need to organise the disconnection of power at your current address, and re-connection of power at your new address. If required, your GoSwitch energy expert can guide you through the entire process to ensure you have electricity, gas, internet or phone the moment you arrive at your new home. The GoSwitch price comparison service is also available in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the ACT. Use our service for a cost-effective interstate move
Going green – which energy providers in Melbourne can help
Carbon-neutral electricity is a goal worth aspiring for, and solar energy is in demand in Melbourne and regional Victoria. Electricity retailers buy solar energy feed-in tariffs back to be used in the grid, and after the initial setup cost, a solar system will pay for itself over time with lower monthly electricity bills.
Solar energy and greenpower initiatives can power a lot of Vic electricity needs. GoSwitch will locate renewable energy and green power carbon-neutral electricity plans. We work with progressive retailers and distributors who offer renewable energy incentives. Here are some advantages worth taking advantage of if you are considering solar power for your household.
- • Save on annual electricity bills
- • Sell feed-in tariffs back to the grid
- • Use or sell your solar energy, with zero wasted energy
- • Become less reliant on electricity infrastructure
- • A high-quality solar panel system can last for 25 years
- • A solar power system will increase the value of your home
Energy discounts electricity providers offer in Melbourne
Retailers advertise discounts and incentives. You can find savings on:
Conditional discounts that apply when certain conditions are met, such as on-time electricity bill payment.
Guaranteed discounts that apply for part (or all) of the electricity deal contract term, such as renewable energy rebates for setting up a solar system.
Choosing the right provider, retailer and electricity plan can significantly lower your energy costs. The GoSwitch comparison service will show you how you can save for your home or business, and a GoSwitch energy specialist is on hand to advise you of every available money-saving measure worth taking. You could potentially save hundreds of dollars annually compared to the default energy tariff on Melbourne energy bills.
GoSwitch Can Help you compare and save
With GoSwitch, there are no gimmicks. In only a few minutes we can locate the best available deals from highly regarded energy suppliers. Our aim is to help you find an electricity retailer who ticks all the right boxes for your household. We cut through the chatter and deliver cost-effective deals. GoSwitch can assist in lots of ways, including:
- • Locating diverse electricity and gas plans for your postcode
- • Showing you the benefits of various plans and providers
- • Helping you to switch electricity plans and energy providers
- • Delivering benefits for combining gas and electricity
- • Locating electricity and gas rebates
- • Partnering with electricity retailers you can have confidence in
- • Locating discounts, incentives and savings associated with all plans
At GoSwitch, we factor in GST and any other information required to get an accurate costing. If you are looking for long-term energy-saving initiatives, GoSwitch has some of the best deals available. Start exploring your energy options today!
FAQs about comparing electricity prices in Melbourne:
Who is the cheapest electricity provider in Melbourne?
The cheapest electricity provider in Melbourne can change month-to-month. A better idea is to strike the right electricity deal for your home. Every household is different, and GoSwitch will help you tailor the right plan.
Who has the best electricity rates in Melbourne?
GoSwitch partners are always near the top of the list. Our Melbourne electricity retailers are major Australian companies with the size and scope to deliver highly competitive deals every time.
Who is the best electricity company in Melbourne?
The best electricity company in Melbourne is the one that suits your home and lifestyle. GoSwitch does the math for you to ensure you get the deal you are looking for.
How do you compare electricity prices in Melbourne?
A GoSwitch price comparison search is completed in three simple steps.
- Make an energy usage profile for your home. Include your electricity usage peak and off-peak times plus overall billing cycle energy usage.
- Use the GoSwitch energy price comparison search engine to find great value energy deals from Melbourne’s leading electricity retailers.
- Your GoSwitch call centre energy expert can inform you of all pricing and help you set up the new account.
The GoSwitch service is totally free. We work with leading retailers to get the best deal for you, so search for a better electricity deal with GoSwitch today.