If you are moving to a new home and want a better energy deal for your property, GoSwitch can assist. Our powerful energy price comparison tool compares leading energy retailers to deliver the best available electricity and gas prices for residential and small business connections in Brisbane and South-East Queensland.
Connecting electricity and gas to a rental property
Moving to a new home or rental property is a good time to renegotiate your current energy contract or switch to a better deal with another retailer. Make sure to give your retailer several days’ notice of your move so they can organise a timely connection to your premises. GoSwitch partners with trusted retailers such as Energy Australia, Origin Energy, AGL, and Dodo.
Your electricity or gas retailer will coordinate the connection with major Brisbane distribution networks.
- Ergon Energy
- Allgas Energy
- Australian Gas Networks
Connection of gas and electricity to a new build
Here are the steps to get power connected to a new build.
- Talk with the electrical contractor completing work on your build about the connection process and costs involved.
- Submit your connection application. Your contractor can submit the application on your behalf. The connection can be fast-tracked in some cases.
- Accept the connection offer from your regional energy distributor.
- Choose your electricity retailer and set up an account. The account needs to be set up and terms accepted before the connection to your new build can be completed.
- Your retailer will advise you of the timeframe for connection so you have power at your premises when you are ready to move in.